We are a group of expert clinicians that incorporate the DIR® Model to help young children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and other developmental disorders meet their fullest potential. Our intervention approach is focused on building the core challenges, such as the ability to remain regulated through various states of excitement and interests, while continuing to relate and communicate with others. This model, developed by Dr. Stanley Greenspan and Dr. Serena Wieder, helps qualified therapists conduct a comprehensive assessment and develop an intervention program tailored to the unique strengths and challenges of each child. The objectives of the DIR®/Floortime™ Model are to build healthy foundations for social, emotional, and intellectual growth rather than focusing on particular skills and isolated behaviors.
Objectives of the DIR®/Floortime™ Model:
- Build a healthy foundation for regulatory capacities
- Strengthen the ability to co-regulate with others
- Strengthen connections with others (siblings, parents.family members, friends, and new acquaintances)
- Build a healthy foundation for emotional development
- Strengthen intellectual capacities and problem solving abilities
- Provide a framework for development tailored around the child’s unique challenges and strengths
Therapy Services Include:
- DIR®/Floortime™ Developmental Assessment
- DIR®/Floortime™ Individual Therapy
- DIR®/Floortime™ Parent Training
- DIR®/Floortime™ Staff Training
- DIR®/Floortime™ Consultative Services
Our therapists are trained in this model. Some team members have been mentored and trained directly by Dr. Serena Wieder, Ph.D, and we pass on this approach and technique to our OT staff.